Egypt Express Travel
Terms, Conditions & Operation Procedures
Both parties agreed to cooperate in tourism activities according to the hereafter procedures, terms and conditions. This agreement is made for an interval of one year, to be automatically renewed unless a written notification is made by one of the parties to the other not less than two months before the end of the contract renewal date. This agreement will be effective and binding upon signature of both parties
- Hotel rates on Egypt Express Travel online system are based on leisure basis.Egypt Express Travel will not hold any responsibility if the client is not on a leisure trip, the hotel refuses to honor Egypt Express Travel booking and charges the client directly at the rack rate.
- Egypt Express Travel reserves the right to occasionally sell equivalent to or above the hotel rack rates during special events as Trade Fairs or International Conferences or Hotel's Black-out Dates. During the above mentioned special occasions, full non-refundable prepayment if not received by the due date whether the booked operator is on our cash or credit list, will result in the automatic cancellation of the booking without further reference to you.
- We reserve the right to vary our quoted rates at any time on notice to you after bookings have been made and confirmed as a result of trade fairs changes in government taxes or other matters outside our control, such as currency fluctuations. These changes may be sent by fax or electronically. Any increase in rates as a result of currency fluctuations in respect of existing bookings shall only be made where the currency fluctuation exceeds 3%.
- Bookings may be confirmed at a commissionable rate meaning they are based on rack rates.
- Confirmations of accommodation or services showing "Available" are obtained automatically and instantaneously stating the booking reference & cancellation deadline to be monitored by the second party itself.
- For required accommodation or services showing "On Request" Egypt Express Travel will respond within 48 hours either with confirmation or with an alternative item in case the original request is unavailable.
- If a client arrives to the hotel with no booking or a cancelled one, Egypt Express Travel will still pay the hotel providing that the agent's voucher is attached to the hotel invoice, accordingly, this payment will be charged to the agent.
- If the hotel invoice attached to the agent's voucher exceeds the original booking then Egypt Express Travel will charge as per the agent's voucher.
We have the right to cancel any booking, in case of an error or a mistake made by us or the hotel regarding an allocation or a booking in which case we will not be obliged to pay you any compensation other than to refund any sums paid by you to us for such booking and try to find an alternative solution to our clients.
3. Non Arrivals:
- If we invoice a non-arrival but the hotel later confirms the client did stay we will raise a supplementary invoice which must be paid.
- Other clauses concerning non-arrival can be found in the following section on Cancellations and in the Operating Procedures document.
- It is the sole responsibility of the second party to issue vouchers needed for each accommodation or service booking. Issued vouchers should indicate that booking is payable by Egypt Express Travel (or the supplier advised within our confirmation) and including Egypt Express or the other supplier electronic booking reference. The voucher also should indicate that extras are to be paid to the hotel directly by the client (unless otherwise is agreed in writing).
- Failing to present the above required vouchers will result in your customers being charged again for the booked accommodation or services at the supplier's rack rates.
5. Amendment of services:
- Amendments made prior to travel date should be sent to Egypt Express Travel by email and are only considered received upon our response.
- Amendments made on or after travel date incurring any extra monies and not instructed in writing by the second party, will be collected directly from the customer and will include no commissions for the second party.
- Cancellation of confirmed bookings will be charged as per the cancellation statement given with each booking.
- Cancellations of reconfirmed bookings during Trade Fairs, International conferences or Special Occasions will be subject to the entire stay cancellation charge.
- Cancellation charges will be imposed as per each hotel cancellation policy stated on Egypt Express (or the other supplier) online system.
- Hotel's cancellation policies may vary throughout the season due to unexpected black out-dates; in such occasions you will be informed of the new policy within our confirmation letter.
- Urgent cancellations made during the rare occasion of Egypt Express Travel closure time should be sent to the hotel directly to avoid cancellation charges
- Cancellations of land arrangements as excursions, transfers or car rental should be made as per our online system cancellation policy, failing to do so, the full quoted rate of the booked services will be charged.
- Egypt Express Travel reserves the right to be indemnified by agent for any losses or damages caused due to cancellation for any reason.
- All bookings, when the cancellation deadline is passed, will automatically be assumed as guaranteed.
- It is the sole responsibility of the second party to provide its clients with the necessary travel insurance, otherwise a written adoption signed by the client stating that he is traveling under his own responsibility should be attached to the issued voucher.
- Egypt Express Travel will not be held responsible for personal illness, injury, loss or damage of private belongings, resulting directly or indirectly from any supplier actions.
8. General Terms:
- Egypt Express Travel system is solely for FIT bookings, breaching this condition by splitting groups into small individual booking will result of cancelling the whole group by either the first party or the hotel and the second party will be charged the cancellation fees stated by the hotel in addition to possible administrative charges.
- Bookings may be made only for bona fide reservations & Egypt Express Travel reserves the right to cancel all bookings that seem to be made with the intention of holding space.
- All terms, conditions and documentation accompanying our system & confirmations should be read and applied carefully by the agent staff to avoid breach penalty.
- All the information (written or pictorial) provided on Egypt Express Travel system or webpage has copy rights, no information of any sort can be copied from the first party's sites to any other party's site for any purpose whatsoever.
- Egypt Express Travel shall not be responsible and will be indemnified by the second party in case of any losses or a third party claims resulting from lack, wrong or incomplete information or details within the second party's booking.
- Commonly required information i.e. arrival time, flight details (if transfers are required), children ages (if any), need of visas (if required), high floors, non-smoking rooms or any special customer request are always essential for client convenience.
- All information provided on our system or website is regularly checked and updated as possible, however, Egypt Express Travel will bear no responsibility or consequences resulting from supplier's incomplete or inaccurate data.
- The agent's username and password on Egypt Express Travel system are confidential is for the strict use of this sole agent, in case subagents or subsidiaries are to use the online system via the second party's sign, this has to be with written agreement between both parties. It is also the second party's responsibility to set the agreement with its subagents or subsidiaries concerning its markup margin on our given rates.
- Required visas or invitation letters invoices has to be paid in full regardless even if booking is cancelled regardless of the reason for cancellation.
- Each booking must have at least one full guest name per room and the passenger entered first, will automatically be assigned as lead name. The lead name will appear on all correspondence. (e.g. Vouchers, Confirmations, Invoices, Itineraries, etc.). The lead name cannot be modified after booking the service.
- Reservations are accepted for a maximum of 9 people only. Reservations for 10 passengers or more are considered to be a group and cannot be booked online.
- Shortening a stay or reducing the number of rooms is allowed without penalty i.e. before cancellation deadline. Original confirmed rate will be maintained, unless otherwise specified.
- An extension of stay is allowed, if provided rooms are available for the period requested. Previously confirmed rates will be maintained for the initial booking, while the current available rate will be applied for any additional night(s).
- For destinations USA and Canada:
- Guest names: For US bookings all the full names, including first names of all the guests must be provided at the time of booking and need to conform exactly the guest’s name on the passport or any other identification required for check- in. The name of all guests checking in to the hotel must match those on the reservation, or the hotel will consider the reservation a "no-show" subject to penalty which Egypt Express Travel will pass on to the guest. The guest will be charged directly on spot by the hotel at the public rate.
- Reservations: The booking system shall not be used to book more than 4 rooms and/or 10 passengers. Multiple bookings for the same party at the same hotel are not accepted. Hotels will either cancel such reservations or charge higher room rates and porterage, when this rule is violated.
- Bedding: Double rooms may contain only one bed. Passengers requiring separate beds should specifically request this at the time of booking. Separate beds will then be placed “on request”, but cannot be guaranteed. Triple and quad rooms usually contain two beds, one of which may be a roll away. The occupancy of a room is defined by the number of paying adults and not by the actual bedding. Rollaway beds are usually available at an extra charge, payable directly to the hotel and cannot be guaranteed. Neither Egypt Express Travel nor the hotel will guarantee one bed per person in doubles, triples and quads.
- Family Plan: The policy varies from hotel to hotel and is clearly indicated for each hotel. “NA” means a Family Plan is not available at that particular property. When a hotel supports a Family Plan, it means that one or two children up to and including the age indicated may be free of charge if sharing the room in existing bed configuration with two full paying adults. Booking requests should clearly indicate the ages of all children so that the Family Plan can apply.
- Special requests: Need to be clearly indicated at the time of booking. Egypt Express Travel will forward such requests to the hotel, but neither Egypt Express Travel nor the hotel can guarantee a request unless specifically confirmed in writing. Note: many hotels enforce a strict Non Smoking policy, which invalidates any request for a smoking room.
- Room Blocks: Egypt Express Travel is holding room blocks at most of the hotels. Rooming lists are electronically released to these suppliers prior to arrival (approx. one week or less). Should you or the passenger contact hotels directly for a reconfirmation prior to the release of the electronic rooming lists, your passenger’s name might not be on record yet.
- Local Services: Can be provided in conjunction with a hotel reservation only. Prices do not include tips (gratuities) to drivers and guides, unless otherwise specified.
- Check-In Time: Varies from hotel to hotel but usually is not before 3 PM. Requests for an early check-in can be submitted but will not be confirmed and depend on the availability on the day of arrival.
- For US bookings a name change of any guest will be considered a cancellation of the existing reservation and applicable penalties will apply. The new reservation will be subject to space and rate availability at that time.
- Any modification, such as but not limited to shortening a stay, reducing the number of rooms and name changes are on request and might not always be possible. The initial booking might no longer be guaranteed and current available rates might apply for the whole stay.
- Black-out and stop-sell periods can be added at any time, when hotels are in critical occupancy status. Only existing reservations will be honored and no new bookings accepted. Modifications such as name, date or length of stay changes may not be permitted and will be considered by the hotel as an automatic cancellation.
9. Invoicing & Payment:
- Once booking is confirmed, an electronic invoice will be automatically generated where the agent can print it at its convenience.
- Once an invoice is generated, it will be due unless credit arrangements are agreed.
- The outstanding amount due to Egypt Express Travel will include the value of all unpaid amounts whether utilized or unutilized confirmed bookings minus received payments (for agents on our credit list). At any point of time these outstanding amounts should not by any means exceed the credit limit with 30 days grace period granted to agents on our credit list.
- It is the sole responsibility of the second party to ensure that grace period (for agents on our credit list) is not breached; otherwise, Egypt Express Travel reserves the right to suspend the agent's login & cancel any confirmed accommodation or services.
- Delay in settling due amount will result in a surcharge equivalent to 1% of the total invoiced amount (per day).
- Failing to settle invoices on due time will result in cancelling this agreement, cancelling all bookings held in favor of the agent and suspending its login details on the online system.
- It is the sole responsibility of the agent to bear all banking fees.
- Payment is due within the number of days specified in the Credit Agreement (see Section 14) after the date of issue of our invoice and must be made in the quoted currency by banker’s draft or bank transfer to one of the corresponding accounts as follows. Company cheques and credit cards are not an acceptable form of payment.
- We may, from time to time, raise invoices in a currency other than that shown in our tariff should it become impossible for us to obtain payment within 28 days of the banking of the draft or receipt of a transfer. Such invoices must be settled in the invoice currency and not the tariff currency
10. Payment by Credit Card Requirements:
Operators on our cash list if paying by credit card, according to our bank regulations, the following documents are required to enable our accountant to charge your credit card for the service agreed:
- A copy of your passport.
- A copy of both sides of your credit card with your own signature.
- An authorization letter to the company allowing the withdrawal of the required amount from your credit card with original signature (same one should appear in your credit card and passport).
- These documents should be given to our representative upon your arrival at the airport; otherwise we won't be able to proceed with your request.
- These documents would be kept for four months to be provided upon request from the bank.
11. Cancellation And Refund Policy:
- Company would cancel upon the bank request any fraudulent transaction.
- The refund must be done in the same card used for the purchase of the original transaction.
12. Invoice Disputes and Refunds:
- Invoice disputes and queries should be made in writing within 14 days of the invoice been electronically generated otherwise dispute will not be entertained by the first party.
- Customers early check outs are disregarded (invoiced as per original booking) unless Egypt Express Travel receives a written notification from the agent at least one day prior customer departure.
- Refunds for early check outs will only be made if the hotel policy allows it or if the customer got a written & signed (at least by front office shift leader) consent from the hotel.
- If a client leaves a hotel early you will be invoiced in full unless we are advised prior to raising our invoice. If we are so advised we will check with the hotel and invoice according to the hotel's invoice to us. Some hotels, particularly in USA/Canada, will charge for all nights booked even if the client departs early.
- We will not accept as a reason for not paying an invoice that your client claimed to have seen a rate inside or outside the hotel, which is lower than the price in our tariff.
- Reservation requests shall be treated as offers to enter into formal legally binding contracts which shall be deemed to have been accepted by us only when we have transmitted to you our confirmation of the reservations. All contracts with us are subject to these terms and conditions.
- Booking land arrangements with us is an acknowledgement of acceptance of the terms and conditions set out herein.
In no circumstances may you disclose Egypt Express Travel's published rates or any information relating to them or these terms and conditions to anyone who is not a member/or employee of your agency. We reserve the right to cancel all reservations and terminate with immediate effect all contracts without notice to you, should you be in breach of this condition.
15. Day Let Bookings:
Day let rates cannot be used for overnight stay bookings and are all exclusive of breakfast. If you give a voucher to your client stating breakfast is included; you will be responsible for payment of the breakfast directly to the hotel. Hotels may charge rack rate on departure if a client stays overnight.
We act only as an intermediary in making arrangements for hotels, transportation or any other services. As such we are not liable for personal injury, illness, property damage or other loss of expense of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of any actions of hotels, transportation company or other company or person providing or rendering services reserved through us.
If payment is not received upon the due date in accordance with these conditions, Egypt Express Travel reserves the right to:-
- Disconnect access to any of our electronic systems.
- Cease making reservations sent to us.
- Terminate with immediate effect any or all contracts with you at our discretion
- Demand prepayment for existing bookings as a condition of their not being cancelled
- Cancel any space being held on your behalf.
If the second party ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business or if it makes a voluntary arrangement with its creditors, become bankrupt, go into liquidation or if any encumbrance takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of its property or assets the first party will be entitled without prejudice to any other remedies open to us, immediately to cancel any contracts between us and to demand the immediate payment of all sums due to us with interest.
18. Contract Termination and Jurisdiction:
- Contract can be terminated by either party sending a written one month notice to the other party.
- All contracts between us will be governed by the Egyptian law. On receipt of your reservation request we shall imply your consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Egyptian Courts in all matters regarding each contract except to the extent that we invoke the jurisdiction of the courts of any other country.
- In case of disputes or misunderstanding within the above agreement period, negotiations should be considered by both parties, failing to do so, arbitration will be under the Egyptian law and courts in all its degrees.